February 1 for the Fall Semester
September 1 for the Spring Semester
This information along with application materials may be found a: Graduate Division - Nutritional Sciences
- Complete University of Hawaii Graduate Admissions Application online
- Submit Original transcripts from academic institutions attended (even though a degree was not earned). Transcripts must be sent directly to:
University of Hawaii at Manoa Office of Graduate Education
Spalding Hall 354
2540 Maile Way
Honolulu, Hawaii 96822
- Before proceeding any further: It is strongly recommended that you contact a Faculty member to work with and list them in your Application. Contact information can be found here.
- Submit a Notification of Interest in applying to the degree program. You'll be contacted with instructions on where to submit the following documents online:
2. Statement of Purpose (<1000 words) which clearly describes the following
a. Your reason for wanting to attend graduate school
b. Your research interests and experience
c. Your career goals
3. A minimum of Two confidential letters of recommendation from people who know your academic strengths and can comment on your suitability for graduate studies.
Send official GRE General Test scores directly to the Office of Graduate Education. Applicants may submit unofficial scores while applying for admission. However, admitted students are required to submit official scores in order to enroll at UHM, The Educational Testing Service (ETS) code for UHM is 4867.
Non-native speakers of English must send TOEFL scores or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic scores. Applicants are exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS if they are native speakers of English or have received, within the last five years, a bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited/recognized college or university in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, United Kingdom, or the United States.