The mission of the advising program is to provide an excellent and relevant student-centered learning environment which promotes the educational, career, and professional development of the student.
Our core functions are:
1. Service: Provide valuable services that strengthen CTAHR’s academic programs.
2. Recruitment: Recruit a diverse and high-quality student population.
3. Advising: Promote the educational, career, and professional development of the student. Empower the student to take responsibility for their academic journey.
4. Retention: Retain students by providing an excellent and relevant student-centered learning environment.
5. Graduation: See students through to degree completion.
Our goals are to:
1. Ensure students have access to knowledgeable and informed advisors who will cultivate a positive and respectful environment.
2. Mentor students in defining and outlining an academic plan that supports their educational and life goals.
3. Assist students with course scheduling, major requirements, accessing university resources; and understanding university requirements, policies and procedures.
4. Teach students to utilize university resources (such as STAR) to become knowledgeable, empowered, and active participants in their academic journey.