This award recognizes faculty members whose Extension program or project has demonstrated outstanding performance and significant results. Awardees receive a framed certificate at CTAHR’s Annual Awards Banquet and a $3,000 allocation toward a project or plan of work of their choice.
Eligibility: Current full-time Extension faculty members who have participated in a CTAHR Extension project for at least 12 consecutive months and who have not received the award within the past 5 years. Self-nominations are acceptable.
Required documents: To be considered, nominations must include a letter of not more than 2 pages clearly describing the following:
- The situation or events indicating the need for the program or project;
- Outputs and outcomes/impacts of the program or project;
- The role and %FTE of each team member if the program or project is a team effort; and
- Applicable collaborations or partnerships, including State and federal agencies.
Supporting materials of not more than 3 pages may be included.
Deadline: To be announced
Submission: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/deliver to
3050 Maile Way, Gil. 211
Honolulu, HI 96822
Selection: Selection is made by a committee appointed by the CTAHR associate dean of extension, to include 1 county administrator, 1 department chair, 2 agents, and 1 specialist. Evaluation is based on program responsiveness, outputs, and especially outcomes (impacts).
* Outputs are activities, products, services, and participation that result from inputs (program investments) and are the means, processes, or procedures used to accomplish the project’s or program’s performance objectives. Outputs describe what is done and who is reached, such as “conducted training/classes or workshops/meetings for youth/immigrant farmers/livestock producers.”
* Outcomes/impacts document the effectiveness or value of outputs generated and inputs invested. Outcomes are measurable (e.g., demonstrable knowledge of the problem and desired responses, changed behaviors and/or adopted practices, reduced costs and/or increased profits). Impacts can be short, medium, or long term.
Note: The selection committee is not required to make an award if it deems there is no suitable candidate based on the documentation provided.