Sipes, B.S., and K.-H. Wang. 2017. Pests, diseases and weeds. In: G. Lobo and R.E. Paull (eds). Handbook of Pineapple Technology: Production, Postharvest Science, and Nutrition. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY. 272 pp. (ISBN:978-1-118-96738-6).
Wang, K.-H. and J. Uchida. 2014. Plant Disease Prevention and Management in Sustainable Agricultural Systems. pp. 353-384 In: D. Nandwani (ed.) Sustainable Development and Biodiversity Volume 2: Sustainable Horticultural Systems. Springer International Publishing, Switzerland). 31 pp.
- Wang, K.-H., K. Lawrence, B. S. Sipes, E. Sikora, Z. Cheng, R. Myers, R. Manandhar, J. Uyeda, S. Marahatta. 2021-2024. Organic sweet potato IPM and soil health management for small- and mid-size farms. NIFA OREI (HAW09705-G).
a. Nematode Management for Small-Scale Sweet Potato Production (ppt)
- Wang, K.-H., B.S. Sipes, J. Sugano, J. Uyeda, A. Ahmad. 2020-2022. Promoting cacao (Theobroma cacao) production in Hawaii through Ecosystem Sustainable and Integrated Pest Management (ES-IPM) approaches. HDOA SCBG 2020-4
- Shelter Belt Trees and Cacao pollinators (ppt)
- Wang, K.-H. 2017. Insectary Plants Distribution for Crops Supported in the FY14 Hawaii State Plan. HDOA SCBGP.
- Waisen, P. and K.-H. Wang. 2017-2019. “Cover Crop 5-in 1 Approach” for nematode management using mustard and oil radish. WSARE.
- Wang, K.-H., B. Sipes, J. Sugano, J. Uyeda and S. Ching. 2017- 2019. Specialty organic cucumber production in Hawaii using screenhouse and multipurpose companion plants. HDOA SCBGP.
- Wang, K.-H., J. Sugano, T. Radovich, J. Uyeda, J. Tavares, B. Fox, C. Tamaru. 2013-2015. Non-Chemical Based Integrated Pest Management Plans Against Insect Pests In Aquaponic Vegetable And Wetland Taro Agroecosystems. Western Region IPM.
- You, X., K.-H. Wang, S. Ching, and M. Tojo. 2018. Effects of vermicompost water extract prepared from bamboo and kudzu against Meloidogyne incognita and Rotylenchulus reniformis. Journal of Nematology 50 (accepted pending on review in April 2018).
- Mishra, S., K.-H. Wang, B. S. Sipes, M. Tian. 2018. Induction of host-plant resistance in cucumber by vermicompost tea against root-knot nematode. Nematropica 48: (in press).
- Lau, J.-W., Marahatta, S. P., Ragone, D., Wang, K.-H., and Sipes, B. S.2018. Plant-parasitic nematodes associated with breadfruit, Artocarpus altilis Parksinson (Fosberg), in Hawaii. Nematropica 48: (in press).
- Quintanilla-Tornel, M.A., K.-H. Wang, J. Tavares, C.R.R. Hooks. Effects of mulching on above and below ground pests and beneficials in a green onion agroecosystem. Agriculture, Ecosystems, & Environment (submitted).
- Tavares, J., K.-H. Wang, and C.R.R. Hooks. 2015. An evaluation of insectary plants for management of insect pests in a hydroponic cropping system. Biological Control 91: 1-9
- Wang, K.-H., R. Myers, A. Srivastava, and B.S. Sipes. 2015. Using polymerase chain reaction to evaluate preying potential of predatory nematodes against Rotylenchulus reniformis and Meloidogyne incognita. Biological Control 88: 54-60 DOI: 10.1016/j.biocontrol.2015.04.023.
Guest Lecture for GoFarm New Farmer Training, April 2017
Waisen, P., K.-H. Wang, Z. Cheng, J. DeFrank, J. Leary, and B.S. Sipes. 2017. Will enhancement of biofumigation effect of brassica crops against plant-parasitic nematodes compromise their soil health promoting effect? CTAHR Student Research Symposium. Honolulu, HI. April 8, 2017. (Abstract #107).
Ching, S.A., K.-H. Wang, J. Sugano, S. Fukuda, J. Uyeda, D. Meyer, J. Kam. 2016. Screenhouse for tomato, brassica and cucurbit crop productions. Sustainable and Organic Agriculture Program’s Extension and Research Update, Waimanalo Experiment Station, November 9, 2016.
Waisen, P., K.-H. Wang, J. Sugano, J. Uyeda, J. DeFrank. 2016. Managing plant-parasitic nematodes using trap cropping and biofumigation. Sustainable and Organic Agriculture Program’s Extension and Research Update, Waimanalo Experiment Station, November 9, 2016.
Wang, K.-H., J.Sugano, J. Uyeda, S. Ching, J. Kam, T. Radovich, and S. Fukuda. Organic and Sustainable Pest Management Options. Oahu Mini-Vegetable Conference at Turtle Bay May 21, 2016.
Wang, K.-H., J. Tavares, J. Sugano, and J. Uyeda. 2013. Sustainable pest management strategies using insectary settings for insect pest management and solarization mulch for weed control. CTAHR Sustainable Agriculture Workshop Series. Hilo, Nov 5, 2013.
Wang, K.-H. 2013. Nematode management with organic approaches. CTAHR Sustainable Agriculture Workshop Series. Hilo, Nov 5, 2013.
Wang, K.-H., Tavares, J., J. Uyeda and J. Sugano. 2013. Are we ready for insecticide-free aquaponic systems? Aquaponics in Hawaii Conference, Windward Community College, May 25, 2013.
Poamoho Outdoor Classroom Poster Series
Braley, L., K.-H. Wang, J. Silva, T. Yan, S. Nakamoto, and W. W. Su. 2022. Repurposing papaya: Examining the potential of instant biofumigation using papaya seed waste for soil-borne disease management on leafy greens. CTAHR Cooperative Extension Publication PD-123. 7 pp. https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/PD-123.pdf.
Wang, K.-H. 2022. Evaluation of conventional and organic insecticides against avocado lace bug in Hawai‘i. CTAHR Cooperative Extension Publication IP 51. 6pp. https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/ oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-51.pdf.
- Marquez, J. and K.-H. Wang. 2014. Soil solarization as an organic pre-emergent weed-management tactic. CTAHR Cooperative Extension Service SA-14. 7 pp. http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/SA-14.pdf
Stewart. America’s Conservation Ag Movement: Screenhouses boost marketable
yields for farmers. Agweb, Farm Journal Jun 17, 2020.
S., K.-H. Wang, P. Waisen, M. Meada, R. Paudel, J. Silva, R. Manandhar, J.
Uyeda and B. Sipes. 2020. Using trap crops and entomopathogenic nematodes to
manage caterpillar pests on head cabbage.
HānaiʻAi Newsletter June-Aug
- Waisen, P., R. Paudel, and K.-H. Wang. 2020. An Update on Biofumigation Research in Hawaii: The equipment matters! HānaiʻAi Newsletter March-May, 2020.
- Wang, K.-H., P. Waisen, and J. Sugano. 2019. Ecosystem enhanced screenhouse cucumber production. HānaiʻAi Newsletter December-February, 2019.
- Wang,K.-H., Ching, S. and J. Uyeda. 2018. Nematode suppressive effects of fluopyram on zucchini and cherry tomato in comparison to sunn hemp cover cropping and azaractin through chemigation. HānaiʻAi
Newsletter Dec, Jan, Feb 2018.
- Ching, S., K.-H. Wang, and J. Uyeda. 2017. Drop Spreader Calibration using the 10/160th Method. HānaiʻAi Newsletter 29: Mar, Apr, May 2017.
- Wang, K.-H., J. Sugano, S. Fukuda, J. Uyeda, D. Meyer, S. Ching. 2017. DIY Screenhouse for insect management in the Tropics: Part I. HānaiʻAi Newsletter 28: Dec, Jan, Feb 2017. https://cms.ctahr.hawaii.edu/soap/HanaiAi.aspx
- Wang, K.-H., J. Sugano, S. Fukuda, S. Ching, J. Kam, J. Uyeda, and D. Meyer. 2017. DIY Screenhouse for insect management in the Tropics: Part II Hoop Houses. HānaiʻAi Newsletter 28: Dec, Jan, Feb 2017. https://cms.ctahr.hawaii.edu/soap/HanaiAi.aspx
- Mishra, S., A. Park, J. Sugano, J. Uyeda, and K.-H. Wang. 2014. Suppression of mites by vermicompost tea on tea plant (Camellia sinensis). HānaiʻAi Newsletter Fall 2014.
- Wang, K.-H. and J. Tavares. 2013. Wasp Nesting Block: A condominium to attract Natural Enemies of Insect Pests. HānaiʻAi Newsletter Fall 2013.
- Tavares, J., K.-H. Wang, and J. Uyeda. 2013. Not all ladybeetles are created equal: Learn about different types of lady beetles in Hawaii with special talent. http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/sustainag/news/articles/V15-Tavares-ladybird.pdf