CTAHR’s IT Dept. has received notices of spoofing attacks being sent to various CTAHR emails. The attackers are attempting to impersonate CTAHR IT staff.
If you receive a suspicious email, please inform CTAHR IT via email (MIS@ctahr.hawaii.edu).
The following are some quick tips/advice to help you look out for impersonators.
- Keep an eye out for suspicious email Subjects.
- Look out for suspicious spelling/grammatical errors
- Double check the sender’s email to make sure its legitimate
- Receiving spoofing attacks aren’t your fault. Emails are readily accessible via the UH Directory service or CTAHR contact pages.
- If you think you found something suspicious, please ask IT. We can help you identify if its fake or not.
The image below is an example of an attack sent.