Check out these three limited-submission opportunities being coordinated by CTAHR with the UHM Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research. All are part of the USDA AFRI Education and Workforce Development Program.
The Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI) is America’s flagship competitive grants program, providing funding for fundamental and applied research, education, and Extension projects in the food and agricultural sciences.
In FY 2020, the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) is requesting applications for AFRI’s Education and Workforce Development Program areas to support the following:
- Professional development opportunities for K–14 educational professionals;
- Workforce training at community, junior, and technical colleges;
- Training of undergraduate students in research and Extension; and
- Fellowships for predoctoral candidates and postdoctoral scholars.
Access the full program solicitation either here or here.
USDA NIFA deadlines for each program area:
- Professional Development for Agricultural Literacy: July 16, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (or 11:00 a.m. Hawai‘i Time).
- Agricultural Workforce Training Grants: September 24, 2020, at 5:00 p,m, Eastern Time (or 11:00 a.m. Hawai‘i Time).
- Research and Extension Experiences for Undergraduates (REEU): July 23, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (or 11:00 a.m. Hawai‘i Time).