Hauʻoli Mau Loa Foundation Graduate Assistantship Opportunities
Hauʻoli Mau Loa Foundation and the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Management (NREM) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa (UHM) are pleased to announce the availability of graduate assistantships for local students dedicated to careers in natural resource management in the state of Hawaiʻi. Three assistantships will be awarded in the Spring semester each year for admission in the following Fall semester. Applications are due each year in early March. These graduate assistantships are an important part of Hauʻoli Mau Loa Foundation’s Environmental Leadership Pathways initiative, which supports the development of the next generation of environmental leaders in Hawaiʻi.
Each assistantship comes with generous support for two years (2nd year pending satisfactory academic performance), including
- A Graduate Assistantship stipend ($20,472/year plus fringe benefits),
- A full tuition remission, and $5,000 in professional development funds (books, fees, travel to local and national conferences, supplies, etc.)
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- Good academic standing (minimum GPA of 3.0 prior to and throughout the assistantship);
- From Hawaiʻi, as evidenced by graduating from a Hawaiʻi high school;
- Pursuing a MEM degree in NREM;
- Track record of supporting Hawaiʻi’s environment (e.g., internships, volunteer opportunities, etc.) and serving in a leadership capacity (academic, athletic, extracurricular, and/or professional); and
- Commitment to pursuing and attaining a long-term career in natural resource management in Hawaiʻi.
For application details, view the most recent announcement here. A new announcement will be posted every year in the late Fall for the coming year's opportunity.
Please contact Dr. Creighton M. Litton with any questions regarding this opportunity (808-956-6004; email@example.com).