Sunday, November 19, 2017
University of Hawaii at Manoa
University of Hawaii System
College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources
Admissions FAMR

New Students
Students who are applying for admission to the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa (UHM) as freshman or as transfers from another institution can specify Family Resources as their major on their application form. Acceptance will be based on a minimum cumulative UHM grade point (GPR) of 2.6.  

Transfer Students
Students wishing to transfer from another UHM program must submit an application.

Upon receipt of their acceptance letters from the FamR program, students who are transferring from other UHM programs must file the appropriate transfer forms with the CTAHR Academic and Student Affairs Office (Gilmore 210) to complete the transfer process. Status as a FamR major is not official until all necessary paperwork has been completed and processed.  Students are encouraged to apply to the program within the first month of any given semester to allow adequate time to process their transfers prior to registration for classes.

A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.6 is required to apply to FamR. Your admission to the program will be based on GPA. Students with a cumulative GPA below 2.6 will be accepted if they have at least a 3.0 GPA for the most recent 18 credits completed.

It is important for students to recognize that simply taking courses in the program will not lead to admission if the minimum GPA requirement is not met.  Note that several courses required for graduation from the program are restricted to majors only:  FamR 360, FamR 380-380L, FamR 482, and FamR 492.

Home   |   About Us   |   Community Outreach
The University of Hawai‘i is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.